Child Hearing Loss My child (6 years old) has been
My child (6 years old) has been diagnosed with sensorineural hearing loss bilateral, mild to moderate. ABR result is attached with other reports. He has been recommended to wear hearing aids. Please advise if there is any other advanced test that can diagnose the hearing loss for my child? also how can I know if its not getting worse ? How can I know if the hearing aids are properly programmed? I am worried. Thanks
Most advanced test
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone carefully through your query and also the reports and understand your concern. BERA or ABR is the most advanced test that we have. No other test needed. A pure tone audiometry would show whether there is deterioration.
Feel free to write back.
Now I%E2%80%99m comfortable. I was worried because I was thinking travel to other country to do more test. its not easy to see 6 years old wearing hearing aids. thanks a lot for your understanding. Ill do the pure tone audiometry this week to make sure that the programming is correct. Thanks a lot again and please advise if there is anything other than the speech therpies required. Merci beacoup.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever