Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Can zoryl M3 be the alternate for zoryl 3 mg?

Aug 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 362 Questions
Hi is Zoryl M3 will be the alternate for Zoryl 3 mg , since i got this one as replacemnet , I can see metaformin is added in M3 . so can take it as altermate for 2 day . before food
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 1 hour later

As you said correctly, Zoryl M 3 has additional medicine named Metformin in it and the Plain Zoryl 3 mg does not make an alternative to it but it makes half the medication of your doctor prescribed combination. If you take plain Zoryl 3 mg, certainly sugars will not be as well controlled as they get controlles with Zoryl M 3 and you will face higher readings.
But you seem to have some difficulty in getting the full combination dose for next two days. Then you can try buying plain Metformin SR 500 mg to be taken along with this plain Zoryl 3 mg as it will be precisely equal to your doctor prescribed Zoryl M3. You can see any local GP for the prescription, as you are aware of your doses yourself.
I hope you got the answer.
Take care,
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor