Can you take a probiotic without recommendation for a long time period?
Probiotics with indication
Hello and welcome
I appreciate your concern
Probiotics can be prescribed if there is a specific indiaction such as restoration of intestinal flora after antibiotics treatment or prevention of vulvovaginal candidiasis.
If gastroenteritis was treated and the diarrhea persists then Probiotics can be advised.
Taking it regularly on a long term without any indication is not recommended.
Let me know if you have any query
wishing you best of health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diarrhea after taking probiotics
- Diabetic taking g probiotics suggest
- Taking probiotics for vulvar health
- Taking probiotics for vulva health
- Rash after taking probiotics
- Drinking coffee after taking probiotics
- Can taking a probiotic cause diarrhea
- Taking a probiotic with an stool softner
- Bloody stool after taking probiotics
- Take probiotics with antibiotics
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...