Can this be used for my renal cancer?
Opdivo is a prescription medication which can be used to treat renal cancer
Hello deae and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Opdivo or Nivolumab is used to treat cancer.
It works by changing the action of the immune system, directing it to attack cancer cells.
It is a prescribed medication, so it should be prescribed by an oncologist.
As per your query, this medication can be used to treat renal cancer.
The dose depends on your weight and medical condition.
It can be combined with other medications such as steroids.
I suggest you to consult your oncologist for further evaluation.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?