question-icon

Can sleeping with lamp turned on next to me cause

Posted on Sun, 24 Feb 2019
Question: Can sleeping with lamp turned on next to me cause any flattening or lengthening of face or facial bones? The lamp is on edge of nightstand next to side of bed where i was sleeping. I was so tired forgot to tun off light for 4-5 hours and slept with glasses still on.
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee (4 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
there's no chance of flattening or lengthening of face or facial bones in such a scenario

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query in details...
I can understand your concerns...

The answer to your query is no, there's no chance of flattening or lengthening of face or facial bones in such a scenario...even if the lamp was on the edge of the nightstand to your bedside, and you slept with your glasses on, there's still no way that the face or facial bones can possibly get flattened...

There is nothing to worry...

Let me know if I can assist you further...
Wish you good health...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee (11 hours later)
So the scenario described above sleeping next to turned on lamp with glasses on for 4-5 hours...etc. can not cause any flattening or lengthening of face or facial bones?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee (13 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Yes, I got your point...No, Don't worry, it cannot...

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Yes, I got your point...However, the above-mentioned scenario cannot cause any flattening or lengthening of the face or facial bones...

Hope this answers your query...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Follow up: Dr. Arnab Banerjee (8 hours later)
So heat or any other properties of light could not cause any flattening or lengthening of face or facial bones in scenario described above? (sleeping next to turned on lamp with glasses on for 4-5 hours...etc.)
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee (56 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
no, they can't...

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

No, heat or any other properties of light could not cause any flattening or lengthening of the face or facial bones in the scenario described above...

Don't worry...

Take Care
Kind Regards

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist