Can skin and hair supplements be taken during pregnancy?
I also have the list of ingredients
This is the problem.
There is absolutely no government regulation of the herbal and supplement market in the United States. The purity potency shelflife vary great deal even within lot numbers. What is in the bottle is not necessarily the same as what is on the label. In addition any advertising claims can be made regarding general benefits as long as there's not a promise to cure a specific disease. Some are even contaminated with prescriptive meds or biologic impurities. Because of this the manufacturer is protected from liability. Many herbs, if they have a biologic activity, might also factor developing fetus. I would not recommend this product during pregnancy. The good news is that the higher hormonal levels are going to help your hair nails be better than they've been when not pregnant. In addition you're going to be taking a prenatal vitamin that will overlap with the vitamin ingredients on the provided label. They're probably more helpful than the proprietary mixture of herbs. I think you'll be pleased with your hair and nails during pregnancy without the supplement.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fiber supplements safe during pregnancy
- Dha supplement during pregnancy
- Pregnancy progesterone supplements fever
- Hair skin supplement
- Is it safe to take collagen supplements during pregnancy
- Supplements to take during pregnancy
- Skin hair and nails supplements
- Can i take progesterone supplements during pregnancy
- Progesterone supplements during pregnancy
- Is it safe to take iron supplements during pregnancy
- What causes breathing difficulty?
- Should i still continue my oncology tests inspite of having all the...
- What causes bleeding and breast tenderness during menopause?
- How to avoid transmission of herpes simplex type 1 virus?
- What causes dark menstrual bleeding after taking Letrozole?
- Is sexual intercourse safe when 4 months pregnant?
- Can going off of HRT cause dizziness?
- How to confirm paternity of the baby during pregnancy?
- I have not had periods for five months inspite of having couple of cysts...
- Is chronic kidney disease,cureable?