question-icon

Can one resume weightlifting after an arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery?

Posted on Sat, 16 Jun 2018
Question: Hi, I have been dealing with a partial tear of my left rotator cuff for some time now. I have tried all conservative treatments and now have opted for surgery. I spoke with my dr and on January 30th am scheduled for an Arthroscopic rotator cuff surgery. If I follow a strict rehab schedule. Is it feasible to target XXXXXXX 1 as the day I return to weight lifting. Also how soon after rotator cuff surgery can I drive?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu (27 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
6 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

Yes, You can schedule the surgery for XXXXXXX 1st.

Since it's a partial tear you can drive by 6 weeks after the surgery however it is always important to get your surgeons opinion on the same.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr.Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon