Can one overdose on magnesium capsules?
But toxic levels of magnesium were estimated to be above 3000 mg daily which is much higher than the dose that you have taken.
However, possible toxicity is dependent mainly on your kidney functions where impaired kidney functions puts you at a greater risk of toxicity.
Also, the regular daily dose is 350 mg daily.
So, I would recommend that you drink plenty of water to help its elimination faster.
If you feel any of the symptoms of magnesium overdose then you should seek medical care for administration of IV calcium gluconate to reverse magnesium effects.
Symptoms of magnesium overdose may include diarrhea, nausea and vomiting, lethargy, muscle weakness, irregular heartbeat, low blood pressure, urine retention and respiratory distress.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Salah Saad Shoman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?