Can one intake Xanthan gum during pregnancy?
No specific harmful effects reported in pregnancy, preferably restricted.
Thanks for posting your query.
Though no specific harmful effects have been reported of the use of the gum during pregnancy, it is better used in a restricted manner like any other medication during pregnancy.
You can use smaller amounts not exceeding those available with processed foods in the market. It is safe to consume up to 15 grams/day, but you have to be watchful about the laxative effect of the gum since excessive laxatives are not good for pregnancy.
Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further information. I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mentos gum during pregnancy
- Sodium intake during pregnancy
- Wysolone intake during pregnancy
- Hyponidd intake during pregnancy
- Pregnancy care during pregnancy
- Intake of folinext during pregnancy
- Is zolfresh intake safe during pregnancy
- Intake ondem during pregnancy
- Swallow gum during pregnancy
- Orbitz gum during pregnancy