Can herpes cause tiny bumps on the penis shaft?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
I have tiny bumps along my penis shaft. they've been there for 2 months and haven't gone away. They don't hurt or itch. I'm worried it's herpes. I received unprotected oral sex a couple yearsrs ago.
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for asking.
I am Dr. Kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

I request you to kindly upload a few good quality images of the affected area in "Reports Section" so that I am able to have a look at and guide you better. I don't think you have genital herpes because it usually presents with recurrent episodes of painful genital sorer rather than as persistent asymptomatic bumps.

Awaiting...

Follow-up: Can herpes cause tiny bumps on the penis shaft? 20 minutes later
follow up picture

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Milia /Milium

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.
I have viewed the images. I can see pearly white bumps. They are Milium /Milia which are superficial keratin cysts. They can be easily extracted with a needle. This is not genital herpes or any other STD.