Can diabetes cause fatigue?
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Fatigue is a usual symptom in diabetes and is more common than the classic symptoms of increased urination and thirst.
It would be good to have A1c repeated and if it is 6.5% or above you have diabetes, 5.6% to 6.4% is pre diabetes.
It would also be good to monitor fasting blood sugar and blood sugar 2 hours after your lunch or breakfast whichever is larger.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diabetes causes
- Treatment and cure for diabetic, severe fatigue
- Can diabetic ketoacidosis cause weakness or fatigue?
- Are fatigue symptoms of type 1 diabetes?
- Diabetes and fatigue
- Diabetes fatigue and weakness
- Symptoms of diabetic, severe fatigue
- Diagnosis of diabetic, severe fatigue
- Diabetic, severe fatigue causes
- Does diabetes cause fatigue and weakness