Can blunt injuries to torso cause death?
Torso means Trunk
Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic.
Literal meaning of Torso means Trunk of the body . Basically it involves chest and back of the body.
Blunt/crushing injuries to torso may not cause any external injuries and may cause serious internal injuries. In your son's case due to the fall of ATV , it might have caused internal injury like Rib fracture. Following rib fracture it causes rupture of lungs causing air leakage into the chest causing Asphyxia.
Asphyxia means something that is causing difficulty for the lungs to get air ( Oxygen ) Due to air leakage it causes external compression on the lungs which prevents entry of oxygen while breathing thus leading to choking and death.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any further clarification feel free to ask .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blunt eye injury causes
- Red bumps on torso causing pain
- Death after minor head injury
- Local blunt injury causes
- What causes sensitivity on torso
- External blunt injury causes
- Blunt injury causes
- Short deformed torso due to spinal injury genetic disorder
- Boxing injuries and deaths
- What causes pimples on female torso