Can babies contract diseases from consuming another woman's breastmilk?
Let me start by saying that your baby is safe. Even if we assume that this woman had some infection, and she was able to even lactate, no infection would have been transmitted through the milk. so the baby is fine.
It would be advisable, however, to not leave the baby alone in her presence ever again.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Eric Goldstein, Pediatrician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How does bulimia affect breastmilk
- 2 weeks still no breastmilk
- Breastmilk strawberries
- Will refreezing breastmilk cause diarrhea
- Febrex plus tablet in breastmilk
- Itchy breast and breastmilk
- Hives or urticaria and newborn and breastmilk
- Mantoux test in breastmilk
- Breastmilk after fetal demise
- Breastmilk swallow semen
- What causes excessive screaming in a child?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and nausea
- What causes continous head bobbing of a 8 month old?
- Suggest treatment for dog bite and pain
- Suggest treatmemt for diaper rash
- What would be the effect of undiagnosed childhood voluntary chronic...
- Suggest treatment for loss of appetite and weight loss
- What causes imbalance in a child?
- Suggest treatment for insect bite in an infant
- Suggest treatment for long hair stuck in rectum