Can a wound be left open to heal after removing a hydrogel dressing?

Question
Do you think this wound is healing. I just took off the hydrogel dressing given by the doctor 5 days back. Can you tell me if i can leave the wound open or apply a normal bandage? Thanks
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
looks like it is healing

Detailed Answer:
I have looked at the photo you have sent and it looks like the wound is healing. I see no signs of infection or non-healing areas. You can use a regular bandage to protect the would but check it daily to look for signs of infection. If you see redness, pus or swelling then see a doctor.
Dr. Robinson