Can a disc herniation cause tingling sensations in the leg?

Question
Hi, I had a disc herniation in oct-17 @ l3-l4 and bulge at l4-l5, I had only back ache and no leg pain at that time....last couple of days I am feeling random pin pricks along my leg, I feel them 1 or 2 in. An hour.... Does it means my disc has got worse ?
4 days ago in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fresh MRI and needs evaluation

Detailed Answer:

According to what you had described the herniation is getting worse with involvement of sensory nerves.
I suggest you to go back to your previous spine surgeon for a fresh evaluation and MRI scan if necessary.
The herniation can be progressing quickly in few and if not addressed early can cause more complications.

Follow-up: Can a disc herniation cause tingling sensations in the leg? 50 minutes later
What would typical process to resolve this would be ?

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Only after MRI

Detailed Answer:
That can be decided either with MRI and or physical examination by same doctor...he can understand progression.