Can Movantik tablets be cut in half before consumption?

Question
I have a prescription for Movantik 25mg. My doctor wanted me to start with 12.5 mg but had no samples. Can I cut the tablet in half? I called AstraZeneca and they didn't know. Nothing on the literature says that you cannot cut the tablet.

My Internist didn't see any reason why I couldn't split these tablets...I doesn't say you cannot on the literature. I'm looking for a second opinion.
Mon, 14 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it can be split

Detailed Answer:

the tablet can be cut in half if required. You can confirm it by reading the SPC of the drug where it states that it can also be crushed and mixed with water if needed. So don't worry about it!

Kind Regards!