Can MRI or CT scans see inside the bowels and intestines?

Question
Can an MRI (with and without contrast) or a CT see inside of the intestines/bowel?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sigmoidoscopy/colonoscopy is better to see inside lumen; please share further details to guide you in a better way

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HealthcareMagic. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query & would try to help you in the best possible way. If you want to see the inside (lumen) of bowel/intestine then colonoscopy/ sigmoidoscopy is better option. However if you can tell me the reason for undergoing this investigation then i would be in a better position to guide you further.

Thank You