Can Fosamax be used in person with acid reflux issues for treating osteoporosis?
You can just take an antacid like Rantac if it increases your problem.
Fosamax belongs to a class of drug called Bisphosphonates. Among all Bisphosphonates most commonly used one is Fosamax however mild reflux like symptoms could be a side effect of this as well as other medicines of this group.
Exact percentage can't be told but its seen in only few cases and that too can be controlled very well with antacids.
Yes you should definitely try it as how your body would respond to a particular medication depends on your body only.
Hope my answer was helpful.
Dr. Ramesh Kumar,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is dexilant used in the treatment of acid reflux ?
- Have gerd get acid reflux issues suggest
- Drugs to treat acid reflux
- How to treat acid reflux
- How to treat chest pain with acid reflux
- How to treat acid reflux disease
- How to treat the problem with acid reflux
- Will prilosec otc treat acid reflux ?
- How to treat severe acid reflux
- Treating acid reflux naturally