Can Curcumin Cause Any Side-effects In An Elderly?
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Curcumin contains an oriental spice Turmeric which is traditionally used in small quantities in various curry preparations. Many health benefits are claimed but these have not been scientifically verified by modern medicine.
As it is used in many foods and traditional Ayurvedic medicines for centuries, it is less likely to be harmful for someone in normal health and not taking medicines like blood thinners.
This particular brand Curcumin 95 may be taken up to 3 capsules in divided doses per day as per the company's recommendation. I would suggest you start with one and then may increase depending on the benefit/need.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
Wish you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hot flush pain in right side
- I feel all shivery and cold on theinside
- Lightheadedness and jelly legs when i walk outside
- I hear crunching in my head when i turn my head from side to side
- Larger mastoid bone on right side
- Is there health concerns for a toddler sticking tongue out to one side
- Menstrual blood clots with orange color inside
- Peritonial spill of contrast on left side
- My nose is runny and it feels weird inside
- I feel weak and shaky inside