question-icon

Can Baker's cyst and disc deterioration cause intermittent numbness of the feet?

Posted on Fri, 27 Nov 2020
Question: In the evening after sitting reading paper or watching TV I will get up to prepare for bed. As I stand in the bathroom brushing my teeth, my legs and feet go numb - the left leg more than the right. I then have to walk (carefully) for 10 feet or so before the numbness dissipates. Also, bending my knees and squatting slightly or rotating my ankles around the big toe seems to help. The condition has only been noticeable over the past month or so and is not an every night occurrence.
I have been diagnosed with a "Bakers cyst" behind the right knee and have neuropathy in the right foot for which I did physical therapy to restore sufficient feeling in the foot to drive a car. An MRI of the lower spine about a year ago after a slip on ice in February 2017 showed typical disc deterioration for a man of my age and height - 6' 5"
Any thoughts on what may be going on will be appreciated. I will be 87 this coming August.
My general email address is: YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal (8 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Due to nerve compression.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query and health concern,this is due to nerve compression in spine,so you can take methylcobalamine 1500mg onces daily for one month you will get relief.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon