Breast are tender and swollen and pregnancy test was negative. Should I be worried?

Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani

Posted on Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: ok so I think im pregnant but I went to the doctor and my test came back neg. but my breast are tender and swollen and my uterus is swollen like but sits low but I think I started my period... im worried help????
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: This could be due to some hormonal variation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. Breast tenderness and heaviness in abdomen are common symptoms of pregnancy. At the same time their presence all time does not indicate pregnancy. Again as you have visited your doctor and test is negative,chances of pregnancy are practically very less. The discomfort that you are having could be due to some hormonal variation happening in your body. The reasons for the same could be some medications taken,anxiety,stress,tension etc. Take light diet,plenty of fluids orally,do proper rest and I think you should be fine. As you are expecting your periods also I do not see any reason for concern. Regards, Dr.Pragnesh