Are there any medications that cause tooth decay?
I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but unfortunately, several medications have a negative effect on teeth by different mechanisms.
These medications include antacids, antidepressants, blood pressure medications, pain relief medications, antihistamines and decongestants.
So, I would recommend that you send back more details on the medications you are taking to be able to help you further with details on how to avoid this negative effect.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
You are most welcome.
May you always be in good health.
Please let me know if you need any further help and if you don't have any other clarifications then you may please close the discussion.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Salah Saad Shoman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Batrim cause tooth decay infants
- Causes of sudden tooth decay
- Does levothyroxine cause tooth decay
- Jaundice causing tooth decay
- Tooth decay causes bump in mouth
- Diseases that cause tooth decay
- Arrithmyias caused by tooth decay
- Can methotrexate cause tooth decay
- Tooth decay causes palpitation
- Tooth decay caused by vyvanse