Are stage four cancer symptoms permanently curable?
Even with treatment average survival time for stage 4 cancer is around 3 years
Your friend is suffering from stage 4 cancer.
Since it has spread to his lungs and abdomen and as he is on the induction phase of drug trial with treatment his symptoms will palliative meaning his symptoms will be reduced and he will be able to lead a better quality of life but it will not be cured.
In average the disease progresses at a rapid rate even with treatment and the average timeline is around 2 to 3 years.
Since it has spread to his lungs and abdomen symptoms like shortness of breath and bleeding from cough along with bleeding from stool can happen.
He will lose weight rapidly and there will be gradual deterioration in his health.
In the last stage, pain may occur which may have to be controlled with morphine which can only be available with a doctors prescription.
He will need to do a PET Scan every 3 monthly.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Monish De, Oncologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Final stages food pipe cancer symptoms
- Early stage breast cancer symptoms
- Ovarian cancer symptoms and symptoms
- Early stage liver cancer symptoms
- Stage 4 colorectal cancer symptoms
- Breast cancer symptoms and symptoms
- Secondary end stages liver cancer symptoms
- Symptoms of cancer symptoms
- Advanced stage brain cancer symptoms
- Final stage lung cancer symptom
- What causes acid reflux post normal upper endoscopy?
- Suggest treatment for stage 3 non small cell lung cancer
- Suggest treatment for ovarian cancer
- What causes chronic abdominal pain, nausea and fatigue?
- What causes swelling in armpit,collar bone ,face and hair loss?
- Suggest alternatives to chemotherapy for gall bladder cancer?
- Is esophogeal cancer a slow growing cancer?
- Suggest treatment plan when suffering with breast cancer
- Suggest treatment for melanoma
- What are symptoms of leukemia and lyphoma?