Are laser surgery on eye possible when diagnosed with chronic ITP?
As well do you know any contraindication to having laser surgery done on my eyes becasue of my ITP
there are drugs but you may not need them
Thanks for your query.
It appears that you have chronic ITP. But the platelet counts are sort of okay in that major bleeding risk is minimal. If it maintains at this level, I would not consider any drug therapy.
Laser surgery is feasible at this platelet count but do talk to your ophthalmic surgeon and hematologist before the procedure.
In case you need in the future, there are drugs like eltrombopag which can increase platelet count.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have chronic itp and im always dizzy
- How rare is chronic itp
- Eye laser surgery in vizainagaram
- Chronic itp causes
- Is it possible to rectify eye power with laser surgery
- Diagnosis of chronic itp
- Lpi eye laser surgery
- Symptoms of chronic itp
- Drugs/medication for chronic itp
- Treatment and cure for chronic itp
- What could a lump in my back be?
- Should chemotherapy be given to a person in final stage of nasopharngeal...
- Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ?
- Is atopic dermatitis associated with leukemia ?
- Which tumour markers are used to follow up breast cancer patients?
- How do I know if papillary thyroid cancer has recurred?
- Protruding coronal suture, skull x-ray. Cancer due to radiation?
- How can linitis plastica be treated?
- CA Breast, chemotherapy, CT scan, pulmonary embolism, on acitrom,...
- Can breast cancer spread to thyroid?