question-icon

Are fibroadenoma of breast harmful?

Posted on Fri, 2 May 2014
Question: I am 40 years and I have a 2fibroadenoma lumps which my oncologist said a is harmless and gave some medicines for 3months .he said it could be due to infertility treatment I was taking.are the harmless ?also on my left breast there is a dark red scar kind of a pimple not bright red .its been there for couple of years now.will it pose any problem .kindly advice.
Answered by Dr. S Patra (17 hours later)
Brief Answer: FIBROADENOMA IS MOSTLY BENIGN TUMOR. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments: 1) FIBROADENOMA of the breast is mostly BENIGN in nature and HARMLESS. Hormonal pill or infertility treatment can influence the growth of this tumor. It should be confirmed through Clinical examination, Ultrasound or mammography and Needle biopsy of the lump. Hope, you have done above investigations to confirm the diagnosis under the guidance of your doctor. In that case, you should continue prescribed medicine for 3 months as treatment. 2) If dark red scar like pimple is small and doesn't itch or hurt and just seem to have appeared for no reason, it may be CHERRY ANGIOMA. It is a tiny vascular malformation appears as you get older (after 35 years). It is very common over breast and harmless but permanent. No treatment is usually required. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326
Dr. S Patra

OB & GYN Specialist