Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Advice on procedure to fill hole in teeth

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 8 Questions
Sir, its been around 5 year since there is an hole in one of my teeth , please advise the procesure to fill it .
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashu Gupta 18 hours later

Thank you for your query.

You have a hole in one of your teeth since 5years and now you want to fill this hole.

I assume this hole is cavity due to caries (Infection) so my answer is based on this. you have not mentioned which tooth it is. If it is the front tooth, filling will be composite filling. If posterior (back) tooth (molar,premolar) is involved, filling may be amalgam or composite(tooth colour filling)

I advice you to get an IOPA X-ray of this tooth to see the pulp involvement because you have not mentioned any history of pain, heat and cold sensetivity. There may be chronic exposure of pulp. If pulp is not involved dentist will remove carious material and fill the hole, but if pulp is involved then root canal treatment is a must.

There may be other causes of the hole such as trauma, any pathological condition. In this case the treatment will differ according to the situation.

Hope I have answered your query. Do write back to me if you have any further queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor