Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

8 month child having misshapen head. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
my son is 8 month old he has misshapen head hishead is not round what will i do for that.his right side head is differ with left side head. pls you give me advice for treatement.
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Generally, the shape of the child's head changes with age as the skull itself is too soft at this age. It can appear slightly misshapen at this age. However, in order to be sure, I would want you to upload a picture of your son. I would like to see the shape of his head. That will help us find out if its a normal variation or its something abnormal.
Please use the 'Upload your reports' section to upload his picture.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 8 month child having misshapen head. What treatment should be done? 20 hours later
thanks for your suggstions i will upload my son photos at 5-6 days after.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
We'll take this discussion ahead when I can see the photos.
Dr Aparna
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor