7 year old girl ate 400 mg of ibuprofen .
just observe for the time being...
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service...
I've gone through your query in details...
I can understand your concern...
Well, practically speaking there shouldn't be any problem (as the toxic dose is much higher, more than 100mg/kg)...just ensure she remains well hydrated by drinking a lot of water...
It should pass within a few hours only, just keep her under observation for the time being...However, if at all notice any severe abdominal pain, difficulty concentrating, irritability, rashes over any body parts, severe vomiting then please don't wait any more and take her to the nearest ER/children's hospital for a prompt check-up...
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for flatulence, acidity, lower chest pain and diabetes
- Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is mild spinal disc space narrowing a sign of stenosis?
- Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
- What is pulse oximetry?
- Suggest treatment for varicose veins
- What are the chances of brain damage for a heart attack patient?
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stone
- Does intake of Etizola Beta help in treating anxiety and panic attacks?