7 year old girl ate 400 mg of ibuprofen .
Don't worry, observe for symptoms
Thanks for asking on this platform
I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
The usual dose of ibuprofen is 10 mg/kg/dose and maximum 40 mg/kg/day.
The toxic dose is very high that is more than 100 mg/kg.
I don't get overly worried if the child is otherwise active as the toxic dose is very high. Give plenty of fluid for early clearance through the kidney.
Although chances are less still I would request you to observe for any abnormal symptoms like stomach upset, Nausea, vomiting, rashes, irritability etc and if you notice any please consult your paediatrician.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting