Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

25 years old. What are the treatment available for stammering problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1975 Questions
Hi, I am 25 years old man, can you say that how to rectify the stammering problem or is there any specialist availbe or is any treament available for this?
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 3 hours later

Welcome in H.C.M. for consultation.

I have gone through your query regarding your stammering and your age is 25 years. You have given very short history of your problem.

Do you having any neurological problem? You have not told whether you are having this problem since your childhood or developed later. Is there any history of accident involving head injury?

Here I would like to tell you that stammering is of two types-
(1) Congenital- When this is since birth.
(2) Acquired- When this develop in life either due to some neurological disease or after head injury in accident.

As far as treatment is concerned, this depends on cause of stammering. In case where it is congenital ( since birth ) it is treated by speech therapy, and for this therapy you will get good results as early as you do this job in childhood. In age of 25 years results are not excellent but you can try.

In cases of acquired stammering, speech therapy becomes additional to treatment of basic disease.

For speech therapy you should consult SPEECH THERAPIST.

I hope your query is well explained but even if you have any doubt you can consult us again.

With Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor