Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

178 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

18 years old. Suggest some medicine to increase height

Answered by
Dr. Anil Grover


Practicing since :1981

Answered : 922 Questions

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: hello
can you show me some medicine to help me increase hight ??
i'm 18 and 1.65 meter
too short and i need higher
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified medical specialist with an additional degree in Cardiology. I read your question with diligence.
In boys the final growth starts around 13-15 years and lasts maximum to 18-19. What height you attain is dependent upon many things most important genetics that is how tall your parents are. All the quick cure remedies are misleading. Assuming that you are into your final growth spurt (which is a possibility and not a certainty) you ought to take care of your nutrition and be active not lazy:
And tips for nutrition are (I am assuming you are not overweight for your height then number 3 will not apply to you):

*1. Eat 5-6 times a day
*2. Get lean protein and vegetables/fruit at every feeding
*3. Get around 30% of your calories come from fat, split roughly evenly among
satured, monounsatured and polyunsatured
* 4. Drink lots of water
* 5. Aim for 90% good eating, this means cheating very occasionally
* 6. Eat starchy carbohydrates only in the post-workout window (the next 1-2
meals after heavy exercise)
* 7. Get proper nutrition around strenuous physical activity
* 8. Get enough sleep!

In your or any body's hand is to do nutritional effort but end result is determined by unbeatable factor "genetics". Best wishes.
I hope that answers your question. Good luck.
If you have any more query I will be most happy to answer it.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Internist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on