what does it mean when your blood pressure is higher in one arm than the other?

what does it mean when your blood pressure is higher in one arm than the other? my blood pressure is like 132/88 in one arm but 196/120 in the other...I think it has something to do with the heart, but can t remember what...does anybody have an answer? I am under a doctors digital exams performed to whoever suggested that.....and the blood pressures are taken at the doctors office and by nurses where I work. The dr seems more concerned with getting the pressure down, rather than the difference in arms.. I m concerned with such a large variation in arms
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009