what are some risk factor from heart disease?

and what can i do to prevent each risks?I have a couple family that had it so I want to know more about it
Asked On : Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Risk factors include high blood pressure, high blood sugar (diabetes) and high blood fats (cholesterol and triglycerides). If you have two or more of these, your risk increases significantly. There is so much that you can do to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke for you and your family. Start by making some healthy lifestyle choices: 1.If you smoke or use tobacco, quit. Avoid inhaling smoke from other people's cigarettes. 2.Spend 30 minutes a day doing something active, like walking, gardening, or housework. 3.Eat 5 servings of fruit and vegetables each day. 4.Limit the salt, fat, and sugar in your diet. 5.Once a year, ask your doctor to check your weight, blood pressure, blood fats and blood sugar. 6.Encourage your family members and others to change their lifestyles. For more information about this, see my article at