nephew caught masturbating with his friend

My nephew was caught with his pants down and his friend was in the same boat, they are aged 9 and I was informed they were trying to get their tickles and see how big their penis would get when they got erections. they were staying with me as I was babysitting my
nephew and his friend. how do you talk about sex play with boys that age.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Jan 2011
Well, make sure they keep it private, as in indoors and somewhere safe. Other than that, definately remind or go over the practice of handwashing with your nephew... both before and after playing with privates! Both he and his friend's penis are guaranteed to have some residue and bacteria that they need to at least be aware of before they get undressed togeher and play with each other's private areas.

He has to know very clearly about privacy, cleanliness and discreteness and that all adds up to respect for himself and others.
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
such situations you will come across in many occasions.before even you talk to them, please donot be embarassed about it. they are curious in this age. sit with them or make them sit with some one whom they trust. ask them first what all they know about sex & donot be surprised at any strange thing you hear from them. all the time you should react as if its all normal. write down all that they say and then tell them everything in detail. let them know clearly what is right & what is wrong & problems with doing wrong things. 9 yrs is old enough age to make them understand these things. also its important to talk to them frequently regarding these things so that they dont go off board.

just tell themit'snot normal