my husbands blood pressure was 234/118 how bad is this??

my husbands blood pressure was 234/118 how bad is this?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Welcome To Health Care Magic,
This blood pressure is very high and requires urgent medical care.Further increase in the pressure may lead to bleeding from the aorta,chronic kidney failure,heart attack and heart failure,low blood supply to legs.It can be controlled by proper and timely medications.Hospitlize the patient in a good hospital and get treated the cause of this incresed pressure.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello Mrs.Sharma;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The BP of 234/118 is really bad and your husband needs to be treated for the high BP.Please get him to a doctor and he will examine him and advise accordingly.High BP can cause damage vital organs like heart;brain;kidneys;eyes so better get treated as soon as possible.
hi welcome to HCM,BP shows its in stage may leads to cerebral haemorrhage,bleeding from aorta,and many preoblems.blood pressure has to be controlled by giving proper medications.consult physician for proper treatment.