my heart does a very strange flip or beat

every now and then my heart does a very strange flip or beat and it worries me .? iv had it for a few years now sometimes it does it once in a while and sometimes it happens two or three times in miuetes can you help me.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Dec 2009
It is probably heart palpitations. No real big deal but you need to go to your doctor just to make sure. And to make sure you don't need to take something for this. Mine was doing that and it turned out to be Mitro Valve Prolapse.(sorry for any misspellings) Which still isn't life threatening but I feel better since I started taking the medication.