my blood pressure is sky high

my blood pressure is sky high right now .I have a Dr.appt. later this week.How can I bring it down now?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
hi,thanks for query.You have not mentioned the reading of blood pressure.Any way if it is very high then you can not wait for one week.It will be advisable that you visit emergency department at the earliest.You can not bring down it without medicines to a greater extent,please do not ignore this as very high blood pressure can lead to host of problems.
wishing you good health.
It can't wait until later this week. High blood pressure is considered a medical emergency, and you need to get a ride to the nearest emergency room now. High blood pressure can cause strokes and death. If you are already on medication, call your doctor's phone number and they may tell you to take another dose. I am a nurse, and I've seen people in their 30's and 40's in a coma from not taking their meds right. Take this seriously, and keep a check on it. Also, lay off the caffeine, if any.