is it normal for ur heart to speed up a little and have the feeling of rising to the throat area?

is it normal for ur heart to speed up a little and have the feeling of rising to the throat area? i notice it mostly when im still or sitting at the computer or school or something. i dont feel nervouse or anything, my heart just speeds up and i feel this pulse up thru my throat and it feels like my heart is in my throat so to speak, then it calms down again. i never reallay paid it any mind, since its been happening ever since i can remeber, but last month a bunch of bruises apeared on my chest, they were kinda faint and bluish, an it kinda freaked me out, i dont know if its related tho.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009