is 140/90 blood pressure normal for a 38yr old man?

is 140/90 blood pressure normal for a 38yr old man like me weighing 65kgs? is 140/90 blood pressure normal for a 38yr old man like me weighing 65kgs?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
A person is called Hypertensive If ones BP is systolic{upper}more than 145,And diastolic
more than 90 at any age for consecutive 3to5 readings are needed.In your case
You are just 38 and you are in upper limit of normal,Should be careful and keep
frequent recordings without keeping much anxiety about it.If family history is hypertensive need to be more carsfull. thanks
it's borderline. if it's an isolated reading i wouldn't be concerned. generally no one would label you with hypertension until you've have several consecutive readings in different settings. you should follow up with your doctor. watch your salt intake and if you smoke, stop.