free fluid in the cul-de-sac. What does this mean?

hello i just had recieved my sonogram results and it reads both my ovaries are normal and that there was free fluid seen around my cul-de-sac. my doctor wasnt not specific on what that means and i read on the internet that i had a rupture cyst.my last period was june 23-30 and then i had an unxpected bleeding july 3rd-10th and now my menstrual is 5days late. what does this mean?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jul 2011
Hi welcome to Healthcaremagic

Hi... First get an UPT test done to rule out the pregnancy...,
the culdesac is a space in the abdominal cavity where any free fluid will get collect there..
collection of small quantity of fluid is not significant....
Hope I have answered your question..

Takecare...

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.