fast clotting of blood, family history of heart disease. Should I be worried?

I had cut my RIGHT toe , as it bled, within seconds it started clotting. i noticed this when I was wipping the blodd off my foot that was running down my toe. As I cleaned the blood the clot reminded me of a menstral cycle? It actually worried me very much considering i have just turned 35 in the past few days. Please tell me if I should be worried enough to have my blood tested quickly . Heart disease DOES run in both maternal and paternal sides of my family.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012