fallen, nose swollen, not painful. How could i treat it?

Hello 3 weeks ago I fell in my back yard. I cut my eye in 2 small places and cut my check but they are now healing . I did not have a nose bleed or sickness or pass out. My nose is swollen both sides just under my eye and my check bones still feel swollen, but they are not painful. I was seen in A&E and they did not think I had broken anything. I was wondering how long it would take for the swelling to go down and how I could treat it. Thank you for your reply.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
This swelling is from the blunt trauma to the eye. Because the skin was broken one must watch out for infection, if the swelling goes red and becomes warm, you need to take antibiotics. The swelling can take up to a month to go down completely. What will help, is to apply an ice-pack wrapped in a damp cloth for ten minutes a day. Also using Arneca tablets and ointment will speed up the healing. I trust you find this information helpful.
General & Family Physician Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha.'s  Response
Hi welcome to health care magic forum. You had scratchs on the fore head, and are probably not treated completely , so they are still oozing from in side, and the secretions are collected in the dependant parts like cheeks.
You need to be treated completely to get rid of infection of scratches, to be relieved of the swellings,
Wishing for a quick recovery from the swellings.
Thanks for calling.