child having swollen jaw, spot behind ears. What could this be?

hi my 4.5 year old son has swollen jaw condition that resembles mumps/ but as it is third time in a row i am worried. he has a red spobehind ear too. please can you help me. my dad is a doctor too but an ophthalmologist . he asked me to go have an xray of mastoid region. my sis who is a pediatrician said it was viral but she checked my son in her bedroom which was very very dark. do i need to be concerned. please help . i am very worried. thank you so very much Naheed
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012