can a 8 months old baby can eat ice cream little in summer

Asked On : Tue, 6 Apr 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Ideally it should not as there is more chance of infection with consumption of icecream, in whatsoever quantity. Ice cream is the right medium for typhoid and many other bacteria. even virii are active at that temperatures. If you are fully sure, that the ice cream is a very hygienic one, then you should proceed or else take off that thought.

General & Family Physician Dr. Rajath. Pejaver's  Response
I do not think it is advisable to give ice cream to your 8 month old child.
Thank you. Have a healthy life.
General & Family Physician Dr. Aparna Kohli's  Response
Hi Sunitha
Welcome to Healthcare Magic forum.
It would not be advisable to give ice cream to your 8 month old baby. It would be ideal to give your baby a diet which is composed of breast milk, formula feeds, fruits and vegetables ( which have been mashed and strained) and juices.
As the child grows up, arrowroot cookies, toast, crackers, plain yogurt, cooked green beans, cottage cheese (paneer) , ice cream, pudding, dry cereal can be given at an age of 10-12 months.
However, since ice cream is made up of milk, it can be a source of many infections such as typhoid, food poisoning etc for the child. Make sure, you give your child ice cream from a reputed brand and you buy it from a store which has proper storage facilities.