brown spotting for only 2 days when i was supposed to have my period

I am 18 years old and have been on birth control for 4 months have been having a normal period all those months. just this month i have had brown spotting for only 2 days when i was supposed to have my period. its creeping me out cause it has never happened to me before. and things i am reading online are saying pregnant. is that what it could be or just What could it be?

Asked On : Mon, 26 Oct 2009

Chances of pregnancy on birth control pills is less than 1% if you have been taking them regularly as advised i.e. each day of the cycle in the right order around almost same time of the day . In either case dont freakout ....get a Urine pregnancy test done or better still Serum beta HCG test ( which is a more sensitive blood pregnancy test but also more expensive test ) if you have history of irregular pill intake. Let me know what the results are and i can guide from there on . Best of luck.

Anonymous's Response

I suggest you to meet a gynecologist, bcos it could be something called as PID.