<br>Sudden rise in BP causing impairment in speech. What could be the cause?<br>

I have some friends who have an 88 year old aunt visiting them from the States something happened on Tuesday her blood pressure spiked and since then she seems to be unable to speak properly we have all tried to pesuade her to get medical help but she refuses. I have personally spoken to her and it seems that she is thinking rationally but her speeech is drastically impaired the live 30-40 km from a hospital in a rural area any thoughts
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012