Zoryl, glycomet, amlopres for diabetes, BP. Does brisk walking, yoga. Calf muscles paining. Possible reason?

Hi, Dr.David! Greetings from Nepal. I am having diabetes for last over 22 years and blood pressure once reported about 10 years back ( 170/110). Ever since I am taking diabetes medicine, now Zoryl-3 x 2 times morning/evening and Glycomet 1000 mg also 2 times orning/evening. Plus I am taking Amlopres- 5 one tab a day. I am brisk morning walker and I do Yoga excercises every morning .Walking about 45 minutes and yoga excercises about same time. Blood sugar more or less under control when high (not very often 165/170 at random) and otherwise it is 130/140. So far so good. But these days I am feeling pain (tired feeling) specially at the muscles in the leg calf just under the knee at the back side. And also I have a feeling of warmness on the side of the knee while waking up from the sleep at night. I have done the prostrate operation 2 years back, Now I am 63. I am thinking the tired feeling at the muscles could be due to prolonged use of one of the above medicines. I do no know what to change? Can you guide me Sir? regards, Kishore Khanal
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
There could be various reasons for your calf muscle pain like
Low levels of VIT D,VIT B12,calcium,potassium etc
Peripheral artery disease
Deep venous thrombosis
Diabetic neuropathy
Restless leg syndrome
You must consult a diabetologist and get investigated thoroughly for the above mentioned causes.
Treatment would depend upon finding the cause.
Keep your blood sugar levels,blood pressure levels and serum lipid levels under meticulous control.
Keep doing regular exercises.