Yellow sclera, weakness, vomiting after chemo for Advanced CML leukemia, diagnosed with jaundice. Advisable diet?

Hi, my friend is getting chemo for the treatment of the most advanced stage of CML leukemia ... after the first two days of chemo the whites of his eyes turned yellow, he became very weak, and has been vomiting . My question is are there foods that he can eat that will improve the jaundice . I hear watermelon is good. Is this true? They stopped the chemo tonight because of the jaundice. As a friend all I can do is bring in safe food... so if there is something I can bring him tomorrow you recommend I will. He has been eating small high calorie hospital food meals... but eating hardly anything... tonight he ate a little chicken, then went to sleep.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012