Yellow loose stool with blood traces, no improvement with medicines. What should be done?

Dear doctor, I am George. I have a problem with yellow loose stool with traces of blood in it. It started about two months before after a lunch from a local restarent. I consulted Two doctors before and no use. The current doctor prescribed me SIBOFIX 400.and I have no improvement. I feel to go to toilet five or six times a day. Kindly advise me What should i do.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you might be having infection of the gastrointestinal tract.

I would suggest that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated.
Following investigations may be helpful :-
1. Stool examination.
2. Liver Function Test ( LFT ).

I would advise that you can take an antacid like Omeprazole 40mg once a day along with an antibiotic like Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice daily and Metronidazole 400 mg thrice daily.
A probiotic will have added benefits.
Further medical management can be planned according to the reports of the above mentioned Investigations.

Eat light meals prepared under hygienic conditions. Also take care of your hydration.

I hope this is helpful to you.