Yellow and white around corners of fingernails, bump on nails, white layers under, splitting on side. Cause?

Hello, on the corners of my fingernails they seem to be infected! They are yellow and white on 3 fingers. On these fingernails there is a bump where its yellow. I can look under the fingernail and see white layers like, my thumb nail is splitting on the side. I ve been covering it up with nail polish... Probably not the best thing... Also, on my toenails they are yellow to but seem soft. I keep meaning to ask my Dermatologist whats going on, but keep forgetting!
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012